What is a Commercial Package Policy?
Also known as a BOP (Business Owner’s Policy), Commercial Package Policy combines property and liability coverage for special types of small businesses.
Since small businesses have lots of common risks, the insurance industry created a package of coverage designed to meet most or all of small businesses’ basic insurance requirements.
Ask one of our commercial insurance specialists if you are eligible for this coverage, because in many cases another specialty package will meet your business requirements more thoroughly than a BOP.
- Property Insurance for buildings and contents owned by your business.
- Business Interruption which covers lost income resulting from a fire or other catastrophe that disrupts the operation of your business and includes extra expenses incurred while temporarily relocating your operation.
- Liability Protection which covers your company’s legal responsibility for harm caused by you or employees that you and your employees failed to do in the course and scope of business which caused property damage or bodily injury due to defective products, errors in services provided or faulty installations.
What’s Not Covered?
- Worker’s Compensation, Health and Disability for your employees.
- Business Vehicles.
- Professional Liability and Services.
NOTE: You will need separate policies to cover the above. See website for additional information. Any unusual or highly exposed activity should be addressed by a special policy. Our Commercial Specialist will help assist you to make sure that the types of exposures that you confront are not limited to the simple coverage provided by a BOP.