What is Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile Home, Manufactured Home, or Modular Home Insurance, in some cases, is very similar to Homeowner’s, especially with some of the new manufactured homes that look more sophisticated than they did ten years ago. The length, width, purchase price, and loan balance will affect the amount of coverage needed to replace your mobile home.
We do all the work for you by shopping dozens of companies and finding the best combination of price and protection for your needs. We take out the hassle of comparative shopping. Submit the online quote form and our quote department will supply rates. You may also reach us by calling (504) 441-7283. We have over 25 years of experience to offer.
Our Mobile Home Specialist will assist you in determining how much coverage you need by using some of the following steps:
1. Mobile home replacement costs estimators supplied by carrier or by our agency quote department.
2. Age, length, and width vs. purchase price vs. mortgage lender’s requirement. These numbers may differ.
3. Review current policy limits on your existing policy and compare our prices.
4. If it is a new purchase, we will contact the mobile home dealer to discuss the required coverage of your lien holder.
5. We offer flood insurance either separately or as an add-on package if available. We will assist you on how to obtain a flood elevation certificate, if one is required.
What Does the Comprehensive Mobile Home Policy Cover?
Comprehensive Mobile Home Policy includes Burglary, Vandalism, Hold-Ups, Lightning, Fire, Windstorms, Falling Objects, Collision with Vehicles or Aircrafts, Electrical Malfunctions, Broken/Freezing Pipes, as well as Injuries to others on and off property, Damage to others’ property, Gas Leak Explosions, et cetera. This policy then covers:
- Building replacement,
- Content replacement,
- Additional living expenses,
- Liability, and
- Repair to other structures.
MH1 Named Peril Policy, offered by Citizens, covers damage due to Fire, Lightning, Hail, Smoke, Windstorms, Explosions, Riots, Civil Commotion, and/or Collision with Aircraft or Vehicles.
Please note: Vandalism, Flood, Theft, and Liability are not included; you may purchase Liability for an additional premium.
Other Coverage Options:
- Flood Endorsement
- Replacement Cost on Building
- Replacement Cost on Contents
- Scheduled Personal Property (Jewelry etc.)
- Lender’s Interest Protection
- Golf Cart Coverage
- Satellite System
- Increased Medical
- Occasional Rental (Maximum 180 days)
- Wood Stove Coverage
- Natural Disaster Protection
- 30 Day Trip Coverage to Relocate Mobile Home
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF COVERAGE PLANS:
1. Contents are covered on and off premises so if you are out of town on vacation or on a business trip, your personal belongings, if lost, stolen or destroyed, such as cameras, video recorders, luggage or laptop are included under extended coverage up to 10% of total content.
2. Content Extended Coverage also includes a family member who may be residing off premises with a home computer and other personal belongings at the college dormitory.
3. Premises Guest Liability will protect you from lawsuits for slips or falls that your negligence causes. This liability also extends coverage off premises to include all household members if they cause an accidental injury to anyone. Example: Your son is on the softball team. While at the playground, he throws the bat, accidentally hitting another player; your $100,000 or $300,000 liability limit will protect you.
4. $1,000 or more (see availability) of medical coverage is provided for any guest that is accidentally injured on the premises. If a cut, burn, or fall happens to a guest or visitor anywhere on the premises, the increased medical policy covers them. More accidents occur at home than occur anywhere else. Accidents will happen.
5. Other special limits of liability include
- $1,500 for loss due to theft of jewelry, watches, furs, precious stones, and
- Another $1,500 towards loss of securities, deeds, accounts, evidence of debt, and important papers such as letters of credit, plus the cost to replace them.
6. Policy also includes automatic coverage on firearms, watercraft, and trailers, fishing equipment, outboard engines, monies, bank notes, bullion, and coins.
7. Additional living expenses are covered if your home or apartment is made uninhabitable by any covered peril. Also pays for increase in your living expenses while you are displaced due to mandatory evacuation.
8. Keep good records of all your personal belongings with photos or video tapes, owner’s manuals, sales and credit card receipts, and canceled checks. Good records will accelerate your claim handling. In anticipation of a total loss, you should keep additional records off site.
Products Associated with Mobile Homes:
- Discounts available on package auto/mobile home/flood.
- Mortgage Life - low cost coverage that makes it very affordable to pay off your mortgage in the event of death, disability, unemployment, or critical illness.
- Personal Umbrella for up to $5,000,000.
- Personal Disaster Policy.
- Boat, RV, and Motorcycle Discounts.
- Competitive Title Transfer.
Proof of Required Documents:
1. Alarm System Certificate if you received a discount.
2. Proof of gated community with security (picture).
3. Pictures of front and back of building.
4. Proof of prior coverage, if applicable.
5. Current Appraisal.
6. Lien holder requirements and mortgage clause.
7. Exact closing date for binder to start.
Submit the quote form and our quote department will supply rates. You may also reach us by calling (504) 441-7283. We have over 25 years of experience to offer.