Who Pays Your Mortgage When Disaster Strikes Your Home?
WHAT IS PERSONAL DISASTER COVERAGE?
- After the Katrina experience, thousands of residents were left homeless and could not return to their damaged homes. Loss of Use Coverage is very limited on your homeowner policy and is excluded in a flood loss leaving you unprotected.
- Every year, thousands of families experience the catastrophe of having their home damaged or destroyed by a disaster…then, they experience the additional unexpected stress of mounting bills and expenses that are not covered by their homeowner’s insurance.
- Regardless of whether the disaster is natural, as in the event of a hurricane or a tornado, or man-made, as in the case of a fire or a broken water pipe, the Personal Disaster Recovery Plan provided by ACE Insurance Company and AM Best Rated A+ Carrier, can help provide peace of mind and added financial security.
WHAT DOES A PERSONAL DISASTER PLAN COVER?
- The Personal Disaster Plan has two separate components, designed to offer the consumer added financial protection in the event of a disaster which damages or destroys their home. These components are as follows:
1. PDP pays the monthly mortgage payment for up to two years if the structure of the home is damaged or destroyed by a covered disaster, causing the home to be uninhabitable for at least 48 hours. In the event that the home becomes permanently uninhabitable due to a covered disaster, the plan pays the outstanding mortgage balance up to $250,000.
2. PDP pays a monthly payment of emergency cash directly to the insured each month they are temporarily displaced from the home, while ACE makes the monthly mortgage payment.
- We can tailor a plan for you that offers either mortgage coverage or emergency cash payments, or both. Additionally, you can choose a variety of other optional coverage including homeowner’s deductible reimbursement and auto loan balance coverage.
OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE:
- MONTHLY MORTGAGE…pays your mortgage payment for up to a maximum of 24 months while your home is being repaired.
- MORTGAGE BALANCE…helps pay off your mortgage if your property is permanently uninhabitable, up to a maximum of $250,000.
- HOMEOWNER’S DEDUCTIBLE…pays you back your homeowner’s policy deductible up to twice a year to a maximum of $1,000.
- EMERGENCY CASH…pays emergency cash directly to you each month you can’t live in your home up to 24 months.
- ACCIDENTAL MEDICAL EXPENSES…pays for medical expenses that result from a covered disaster.
- EMERGENCY MEDICAL EVACUATION & REPATRIATION…helps pay the cost of transportation.
- ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT…pays if you suffer an injury related to a covered disaster resulting in dismemberment, paralysis, or death.
- DISASTER PREPARATION SERVICES…Store all your important documents and emergency plan information in one secure, internet based location so that you can retrieve it easily in the event of a disaster.
- DISASTER RECOVERY SUPPORT…One toll-free call will get you started on the road to recovery…24/7/365! You will receive help finding temporary housing and medical support, and be able to take advantage of having unlimited access to CPAs and attorneys.
WHY IS PERSONAL DISASTER COVERAGE SO IMPORTANT?
- What your homeowner’s and flood insurance never covered after Katrina has now been made available at a very affordable rate. No one can afford to be displaced over a long period of time and left to depend on FEMA for help.
- We will mail you the rates and a brochure so you can come to a quick decision. Hurricane season is always just around the corner.