New Orleans & Metairie Accidental Death Coverage Insurance
Be Insured In Minutes – No Office Visit Required!
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, known as AD&D, is a form of insurance covering death or a specific type of injury as the result of an accident. In an event of accidental death, this insurance will pay in addition to any other life insurance held. Know more about Dan Burghardt Accidental Death Coverage.
AD&D generally pays benefits for loss of limbs, fingers and sight. Death by illness, suicide, or natural causes is generally not covered by AD&D. The type of injuries covered and the amount paid vary by insurer and package and are explicitly explained in their policy jacket.
IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!
- Almost 98,000 people die each year from accidental charges.
- Over 44% of those deaths are due to motor vehicle accidents alone.
- Driver fatalities: 27,472; Passenger fatalities: 10,036; Pedestrian fatalities: 4,881; Bicyclist fatalities: 784.
- Available amounts start at $50,000, $75,000, $100,000, and $200,000 and go up to a maximum of $500,000.DISMEMBERMENT ACCIDENTAL DEATH COVERAGE: (available on certain plans)
- Two extremities or single eye and single extremity combinations, such as:
- Loss of both hands or both feet;
- Sight of both eyes;
- One hand and one foot;
- Or either one hand or one foot plus sight of one eye = 100% of benefit.
- Loss of either:
- one hand or
- one foot, or
- sight of one eye = 50% of benefit.
- “Loss” as used above with reference to hand or foot means complete severance through or above the wrist or ankle joint; As used with reference to eye means the irrecoverable loss of entire sight thereof.
- Return of Premium Option – This rider builds cash value, which after the 20th year equals 20 annual premiums. At the end of the 20th year, if the policyholder elects to take the ROP, the coverage is terminated.
- Anti-Inflation Benefit II – Death benefit increases each year, doubling over the 20 year period. Example: $100,000 increases to $120,000 at the end of five years; At the end of 10 years this benefit increases to $145,000; At the end of 20 years this benefit increases to $170,000 on the 15th year, ending at $200,000 on the 20th year.
- Accidents on a Common Carrier – If you are accidentally killed while traveling as a fair-paying passenger in a licensed common carrier, regularly scheduled commercial airline, train, cruise ship, bus, or taxi, the payable benefit amount equals $500,000.
- Auto/Truck Related Accidents – In the event of your death by accident while driving or riding as a passenger in a private, rented, or for-hire vehicle, or hit as a pedestrian, the benefit equals $200,000.
- Other Covered Accidents – This policy pays $100,000 if your death is caused by any other covered accident, including violent crime, whether you are at home or work, shopping, or on vacation, at all hours of every day, worldwide.
*NOTE: Benefits reduced by half for persons 75 or older.
Adults ages 18-74.
Children can be added as a rider only, on a family plan basis up to age 24, if full-time students.
Aviation pilots and flight attendants, anyone who skydives, scuba dives, mountain climbs, or participates in auto/motorcycle races, or rodeos.
- Participation in a riot.
- Suicide, infirmity, illness, or disease of any kind.
- Committing an assault or felony.
- Voluntarily taking poison, drugs, or inhalation of gas.
- Travel or flight in an aircraft unless insured as a passenger with no duties in connection with a flight.