New Orleans & Metairie Boat & Yacht Insurance
Be Insured In Minutes – No Office Visit Required!
Whether you are a lifelong boater or just getting started, having the right coverage is important, because of the damages and risks of boats/personal watercraft on the water, along with the ease of vandalism and theft exposure. There is no way around the truth – anytime you are on the water, there is a huge chance that you or a passenger could be injured. Know more about Boat & Yacht Insurance.
One of the most important things you can do is to make sure that your boat/personal watercraft is fully insured to pay medical bills and property damage. It is important to take a close look at all the available options that are available on boat policies.
- Medical payments cover reasonable and necessary expenses that are the result of any injury to you or a passenger. A slip, fall, crash, fire, explosion, or injury occurring for whatever reason. Water-skiers behind a boat are also covered. Even if another boat injures you or a guest while swimming near your own boat, medical payments will kick in also. Example: Ambulance, hospital emergency room and other expenses, including x-ray, dental and surgery. This coverage is highly recommended if a customer does not have any health coverage available through his job or on his own. He may want a health quote.
- Liability (limits available from the state = minimum 10/20 to 250/500) pays if you are at fault in a crash on the water. This policy pays for injuries and/or death to all involved. This coverage extends as well to your guest passenger on your boat/watercraft giving you added protection from lawsuits. Damage to property includes boats, watercraft, other structures, etc.
- Collision always means damage to your boat/watercraft, including other watercraft, boats, stumps, wharves, piers, boathouses, or simply a hit-and-run boater. Total loss replacement and disappearing deductible (25% each year claim free) are included.
- Comprehensive covers events other than collision including flooding, vandalism, fire, and theft. Higher deductibles lower the rate substantially. Total loss replacement and disappearing deductible (25% each year claim free) are included.
- Uninsured Boater in a not-at-fault accident pays when the other party has no coverage or not enough for injuries to you and your passenger. Limits available from the state are minimum 10/20 to 250/500 but are not to exceed your liability amount. Coverage also applies if a hit-and-run boater injures you.
- On Water Towing is very inexpensive to add, so do it! It includes 24-hour, round-the-clock claim service and immediate response to your disabled boat.
- Fishing Equipment Replacement Costs include up to $10,000 for your tackle, rods, and reels. Personal effects include boat contents, cameras, clothes, cell phones, etc.
- Wreckage Removal Coverage.
Besides personal watercraft, we can also quote sailboats, jet skis, houseboats, pontoons, party barges and yachts. Please call us directly at (504)441-RATE(7283) or complete the quote request form and we will shop your rates with not only Progressive, America’s Number One Boat Insurer, but through several other carriers including the following: Markel, G&M Marine, Hull Underwriters, and several other competitive markets to get you the best price and service.
Other related products and discounts include:
- Personal Umbrella
- Auto/Home/Boat packages
- Multipolicy Progressive discounts
- Anti-theft discounts
- Association/Marina Membership
- Competitive Title Transfers
- Boat Safety Course
- Registration, title, or current bill of sale on all boats.
- Driver’s License, Social Security Number for owners and operators.
- Pictures of physical damage to boats, if necessary.
- Copy of not-at-fault accident report, if applicable.
- Copy of previous insurance for required discount to apply.
- Boat Safety Course Certificate.