New Orleans & Metairie Boat Insurance
Be Insured In Minutes – No Office Visit Required!
- Whether you are a lifelong boater or just getting started, having the right coverage is important, because of the damages and risks of boats/personal watercraft on the water, along with the ease of vandalism and theft exposure. There is no way around the truth – anytime you are on the water, there is a huge chance that you or a passenger could be injured.
- One of the most important things you can do is to make sure that your boat/personal watercraft is fully insured to pay medical bills and property damage. It is important to take a close look at all the available options that are available on boat policies.
What Is Covered?
- Medical payments cover reasonable and necessary expenses that are the result of any injury to you or a passenger. A slip, fall, crash, fire, explosion, or injury occurring for whatever reason. Water-skiers behind a boat are also covered. Even if another boat injures you or a guest while swimming near your own boat, medical payments will kick in also. Example: Ambulance, hospital emergency room and other expenses, including x-ray, dental and surgery. This coverage is highly recommended if a customer does not have any health coverage available through his job or on his own. He may want a health quote.
- Liability (limits available from the state = minimum 10/20 to 250/500) pays if you are at fault in a crash on the water. This policy pays for injuries and/or death to all involved. This coverage extends as well to your guest passenger on your boat/watercraft giving you added protection from lawsuits. Damage to property includes boats, watercraft, other structures, etc.
- Collision always means damage to your boat/watercraft, including other watercraft, boats, stumps, wharves, piers, boathouses, or simply a hit-and-run boater. Total loss replacement and disappearing deductible (25% each year claim free) are included.
- Comprehensive covers events other than collision including flooding, vandalism, fire, and theft. Higher deductibles lower the rate substantially. Total loss replacement and disappearing deductible (25% each year claim free) are included.
- Uninsured Boater in a not-at-fault accident pays when the other party has no coverage or not enough for injuries to you and your passenger. Limits available from the state are minimum 10/20 to 250/500 but are not to exceed your liability amount. Coverage also applies if a hit-and-run boater injures you.
- On Water Towing is very inexpensive to add, so do it! It includes 24-hour, round-the-clock claim service and an immediate response to your disabled boat.
- Fishing Equipment Replacement Costs include up to $10,000 for your tackle, rods, and reels. Personal effects include boat contents, cameras, clothes, cell phones, etc.
- Wreckage Removal Coverage.
Besides personal watercraft, we can also quote sailboats, jet skis, houseboats, pontoons, party barges and yachts. Please call us directly at (504)441-RATE(7283) or complete the quote request form and we will shop your rates with not only Progressive, America’s Number One Boat Insurer, but through several other carriers including the following: Markel, G&M Marine, Hull Underwriters, and several other competitive markets to get you the best price and service.
Other related products and discounts include:
1. Personal Umbrella
2. Auto/Home/Boat packages
3. Multipolicy Progressive discounts
4. Anti-theft discounts
6. Association/Marina Membership
7. Competitive Title Transfers
8. Boat Safety Course
1. Registration, title, or current bill of sale on all boats.
2. Driver’s License, Social Security Number for owners and operators.
3. Pictures of physical damage to boats, if necessary.
4. Copy of not-at-fault accident report, if applicable.
5. Copy of previous insurance for required discount to apply.
6. Boat Safety Course Certificate.