New Orleans & Metairie Group Health Insurance
Be Insured In Minutes – No Office Visit Required!
- Group Health Insurance is a non-wage compensation benefit provided to employees in addition to their normal wages or salaries. Other examples of this benefit would include: Group Life, Disability, Dental, Vision and Hearing in which individual employees or members are included under one master policy owned by their employers. Group Health Insurance has fewer restrictions to members than Individual Health Insurance, such as guaranteed acceptability for groups of 10 or more, regardless of health status.
- Group Health Insurance can vary from company to company, based on the choice of the employer. Almost all policies cover routine medical procedures, hospital treatment, and emergency room visits and for accidents, injuries, or illnesses, as well as a co-pay for doctor office visits and prescription drugs.
- Most often the employer pays a portion of the premium as an employee benefit and the employee pays for the remaining balance of the premium through a payroll deduction, making it much more affordable for the employee. Spouse and dependent coverage is available, but may be at the employee’s expense.
Why Provide Group Health Benefits?
- To attract and retain quality personnel, a complete Group Employee Benefit Program is a requirement many folks seek.
- Depending on the number of employees and the average age of the group, certain employees who are uninsurable can become eligible on large group plans at a very affordable rate. This includes uninsurable dependents as well. In some cases Group Insurance is the only way some employees could qualify for health insurance and would not be eligible for a personal policy through the same carrier.
- It provides efficiency and productivity as employees are assured of security for themselves and their families.
- Premiums are tax deductible as a corporate expense, which means savings with quality coverage.
How Does Dan Burghardt Help You?
- We shop and compare rates with multiple companies, including Blue Cross, Humana, Coventry, Aetna, and United Health Care, saving you up to 30%.
- Our Group Specialist will work with you and discuss a variety of plans and premiums that best fit your budget. You can request quotes for combination packages of health, dental, life and disability, and for the most part, we shop these products separately and buy packages, if available. Some companies that write health do not necessarily write disability.
- We will continue to shop for competitive quotes when it’s time to renew. Our group specialist will review the availability of group rates at each policy renewal.
- Most of our carriers provide online applications and enrollment tools to simplify the administration services required to maintain these employee benefits.
- Plus, when you buy through us you will get more than just a group insurance plan, you get a group insurance partner. These services are provided at no extra cost.