New Orleans & Metairie RV Insurance
Be Insured In Minutes – No Office Visit Required!
- An RV Insurance Package typically offers a coverage combination designed specifically to meet the special needs of motor home owners.
- Whether you use your Recreational Vehicle year round or occasionally on the weekend, because of the damages and risks of RVs on the road, along with the ease of vandalism and theft exposure, there is no way around the truth – – anytime you are on the road, there is a huge chance that you or a passenger could be injured.
- One of the most important things you can do is to make sure that your RV is fully insured to cover medical bills and property damage. We provide coverage for most types of RVs including folding campers, trailers, truck campers, travel trailers, sport utility RVs and motor homes.
WHAT’S COVERED By RV Insurance?
- Please review the following list of coverage explanations. If you have any questions or would like a quote you can call (504) 441-RATE (7283) or complete the quote information and we will shop your rates with not only Progressive, America’s Number One RV Insurer, but through several other carriers including the following: Markel, AIG, Foremost, First Premium, Hull Underwriters, and several other competitive markets to get you the best price and service.
- Ask about our over-the-phone application process where no office visit is required to purchase a policy.1. Medical payments cover reasonable and necessary medical expenses that are the result of any injury to you or a passenger, regardless of who is at fault. For a slip, fall, crash, fire, explosion, or injury occurring for whatever reason, even if another RV/vehicle injures you or a guest while on the road, medical payments will also kick into effect. Payment examples include ambulance bills, hospital emergency room and others, including x-ray, dental, and surgery.
2. Liability (limits available from the state = minimum 10/20 to maximum 250/500) pays if you are at fault in a crash on the road. This policy pays for injuries and/or death to all involved. This coverage also extends to your guest passenger on your RV, giving you added protection from lawsuits. Damage to property includes your RV or other structures, etc.
3. Vacation Liability – If an accident occurs at your vacation campsite and someone is injured, you’re covered.
4. Collision always means damage to your RV as well as other vehicles, or simply a hit-and-run. Deductible applies. Offering higher deductibles has a high impact on lowering the rates. Total replacement costs and disappearing deductibles (25% each year claim free) are included.
5. Comprehensive covers events other than collision, including flooding, vandalism, fire, and/or theft. Higher deductibles lower the rate substantially. Total replacement costs for contents are included. Comprehensive Coverage, which includes theft, a common concern for RV owners, can be quoted without collision in order to achieve a lower rate. Total replacement and disappearing deductible are included.
6. Replacement Costs of Personal Effects – In cases of theft, damage, and/or loss of personal property used with your RV (such as computer or audio equipment, jewelry, TV, VCR, etc.), we’ll pay the cost to replace these items, up to your policy limits.
7. Uninsured Motorist – If you are in a not-at-fault accident, Uninsured Motorist pays when the other party has no coverage or not enough for injuries to you and your passenger. Limits available from the state equal a minimum of 10/20 to 250/500, but are not to exceed your liability coverage. Protection also applies if a hit-and-run motorist injures you.
8. Towing and Roadside Assistance are very inexpensive to add, and they include 24-hour round-the-clock claim service and immediate response to your roadside assistance needs.
9. Emergency Vacation Expense provides $2,000 towards lodging and transportation if your vehicle is disabled during a trip.
10. Windshield Coverage will replace your windshield if no other damage has occurred, with $0 deductible.
11. Pet Injury Coverage pays up to $500 toward veterinary fees for injury or death as a result of a comprehensive or collision loss.
12. Full-Timer’s Package provides “home-like” coverage required for those who use their RV as a primary residence.
1. Responsible driver discount
2. Transfer discount
3. Original owner discount
4. Paid-in-full discount
5. Multiple policy discount
6. Prompt payment discount
7. Accident forgiveness
8. Small claim forgiveness
Other Optional Coverage available with RVs:
1. Personal Umbrella
2. Auto/Home/RV packages
3. Multipolicy Progressive discounts
4. Anti-theft discounts
5. Competitive Title Transfers
1. Registration, title, or current bill of sale on all RVs.
2. Driver’s License and Social Security Number for owners and operators.
3. Pictures may be required.
4. Copy of not-at-fault accident report, if applicable.
6. Copy of previous insurance for required discount to apply.